Everything You Need to Know About Aftermarket Apple CarPlay
Aftermarket Apple CarPlay: How to Upgrade Your Car's Infotainment System
If you own a car that is a few years old, chances are its infotainment system is outdated and lacks the features and functionality of modern smartphones. However, there is a way to upgrade your car's infotainment system without buying a new vehicle: aftermarket Apple CarPlay.
In this article, we will explain what aftermarket Apple CarPlay is, how it works, and what benefits it offers for car owners. We will also provide some recommendations for the best aftermarket Apple CarPlay systems on the market and how to choose the right one for your car.
What is Aftermarket Apple CarPlay?
Simply put, aftermarket Apple CarPlay is an external device that connects to your car's existing infotainment system and provides a user interface similar to that of an iPhone. With aftermarket Apple CarPlay, you can access your iPhone's apps, contacts, music, and other features directly on your car's touch screen. You can also use Siri voice commands to make calls, send messages, and control your music without taking your hands off the steering wheel.
Aftermarket Apple CarPlay is available for a wide range of car models and can be installed by a professional or DIY with some technical skills. The cost of aftermarket Apple CarPlay systems varies depending on the brand, features, and installation method, but it is generally more affordable than buying a new car with built-in Apple CarPlay.
How Does Aftermarket Apple CarPlay Work?Aftermarket Apple CarPlay works by connecting your iPhone to your car's infotainment system via a USB cable or wireless connection. The external device, which is usually a small box or dongle, acts as a bridge between your iPhone and your car's screen and speakers. The device converts the iPhone's interface into a format that is compatible with your car's system and allows you to control your phone's features with the car's controls.
Once aftermarket Apple CarPlay is installed and connected, you can access the CarPlay interface by pressing the dedicated button on your car's touch screen or steering wheel. The CarPlay interface displays a simplified version of your iPhone's home screen, with large icons and easy-to-read fonts. You can swipe left or right to access different apps, such as Maps, Music, Podcasts, and Messages, and tap on them to launch them on the car's screen. You can also use Siri to perform tasks hands-free, such as making calls, sending messages, and asking for directions.
Benefits of Aftermarket Apple CarPlay for Luxury CarsAftermarket Apple CarPlay is a popular and practical solution for luxury car owners who want to upgrade their infotainment system without replacing the entire unit. The benefits of aftermarket CarPlay for luxury cars include:
- Access to your favorite apps: With Apple CarPlay, you can easily access your favorite apps from your iPhone, such as music, maps, messages, and phone calls. This allows you to enjoy a seamless experience and stay connected while driving.
- Voice control and Siri integration: Apple CarPlay supports voice control, so you can use Siri to perform tasks, such as sending texts, making calls, or changing the music. This feature enables you to keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the steering wheel.
- High-resolution display and enhanced graphics: Apple CarPlay provides a high-resolution display and enhanced graphics that make it easy to navigate and use your apps. The interface is designed to be user-friendly, with large icons and clear text.
How to Choose the Best Aftermarket Apple CarPlay System for Your Luxury Car
When it comes to choosing an aftermarket Apple CarPlay system for your luxury car, there are several factors to consider, such as:
- Compatibility with your car: Before purchasing an aftermarket Apple CarPlay system, you need to make sure that it is compatible with your car's make and model. Some systems may require additional hardware or software updates to work properly.
- Screen size and resolution: The screen size and resolution of your aftermarket Apple CarPlay system should match or exceed the specifications of your car's original infotainment system. This ensures that you get the best possible viewing experience and that the system integrates seamlessly with your car's controls.
- Audio quality: The audio quality of your aftermarket Apple CarPlay system is also essential for a great user experience. Make sure that the system supports high-quality audio formats and that it has a powerful amplifier and speakers.
- User interface and customization options: The user interface of your aftermarket Apple CarPlay system should be intuitive and easy to use, with customizable settings that allow you to adjust the display, sound, and other features to your liking.
Installation and Maintenance of Aftermarket Apple CarPlay Systems
Once you have chosen the best aftermarket Apple CarPlay system for your luxury car, you need to consider the installation and maintenance process. Here are some tips to help you with these tasks:
- Installation: Installing an aftermarket Apple CarPlay system may require some technical expertise, especially if you want to integrate it with your car's original features. It's recommended to have a professional install the system to ensure proper functionality and avoid damage to your car.
- Wiring and connections: Wiring and connections are critical components of your aftermarket Apple CarPlay system. Make sure that all cables are properly connected, and that there are no loose connections or exposed wires that could cause a short circuit or electrical damage.
- Software updates and maintenance: Aftermarket Apple CarPlay systems may require software updates or maintenance to ensure that they work properly and remain compatible with your car's operating system. Make sure that you follow the manufacturer's instructions and seek professional help if needed.
Installation Process for Aftermarket Apple CarPlay
Once you have decided to install an aftermarket Apple CarPlay system in your car, you need to ensure that you have all the necessary tools and equipment for the installation process. The installation process can vary depending on the type of car you have and the specific system you are installing. However, most aftermarket systems come with a set of instructions that will guide you through the process.
In general, the installation process for aftermarket Apple CarPlay systems involves the following steps:
- Remove the existing head unit from your car's dashboard
- Install the Apple CarPlay unit in its place
- Connect the CarPlay unit to your car's electrical system
- Connect the CarPlay unit to your car's audio system
- Test the system to ensure that it is working correctly
While some people prefer to install the system themselves, it is recommended that you have the system installed by a professional. This will ensure that the system is installed correctly and that there are no issues with the electrical system or audio system in your car. You can always get qualified professional Apple CarPlay installation help by consulting with our experts.
If you own a car that does not have built-in Apple CarPlay, an aftermarket system can be a great way to enjoy the benefits of this technology. With an aftermarket Apple CarPlay system, you can access your favorite apps, music, and messages without taking your eyes off the road or your hands off the wheel.
When choosing an aftermarket Apple CarPlay system, it's important to consider factors such as compatibility, ease of use, and installation requirements. With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. However, by doing your research and choosing a reputable brand, you can ensure that you get a high-quality system that meets your needs and enhances your driving experience. To make that step easier we have created unique aftermarket product for luxury vehicles that ticks all the checkboxes for apple CarPlay upgrade. Also, if you are looking get apple CarPlay with aftermarket vertical screen make sure to check our displays as well. Moreover, if you happen to be an android user, just remember that all our devices and vertical screens are also equipped with Aftermarket Android Auto functionality as well.